How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Amarillo smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the heart of your home security system as it incorporates your locks, security sensors, cameras, and thermostats into one unified system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touchscreen places you in complete control of your Amarillo home’s security and automation. Get a better idea of how it can benefit you and find tips to get you started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Amarillo benefit you?
Wirelessly coupling to devices through radio frequencies and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your property. You may arm your system, operate lights, change thermostat settings, and more. When integrating a doorbell camera, you may even chat with visitors standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub includes cellular functionality and a battery backup for added reliability. It also offers total remote operation via the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s a sample of the duties you can perform:
- Review current or saved footage from all linked surveillance cameras
- Arm or disarm your home security
- Toggle lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Modify your thermostat’s temperature
- Speak directly to your monitoring center
You can take convenience to another level with your Vivint Smart Hub in Amarillo by programming schedules or establishing rules. For example, you can have your smart thermostat change automatically each night at a specified time. Or, you can set rules like having your front door unlock whenever the fire alarm goes off.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your security system
Before you get into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll have to understand how to arm and disarm your security. It’s straightforward - just adhere to these instructions:
- Press the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay indicates you will still be present inside your home and arms all devices besides interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away indicates you will be leaving, and everything in the home will arm.
- To disarm, simply slide the shield icon down and type in your PIN.
The Smart Hub will display a warning if the system isn’t prepared to arm. For instance, an open window or door will prompt you to act. Note that you may still arm the system by adhering to the above steps. You will then need to verify you want to bypass the sensor that isn’t engaged.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Amarillo
Despite the fact that many users can be set up when your system is installed, you may want to add an additional user down the road. Here’s how you can.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right corner of the home screen.
- Press “Users” and input your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” provide the new user, and hit the Next button.
- If you want to supply the user remote access, select email or phone and enter the details to deliver an request.
- Hit Next and then establish a PIN for the added user.
- To remove a user, just go to the menu, tap users, select the user you would like to delete, and then select “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Do you want to take control of your home’s security and automation with an easy-to-operate touchscreen console? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Amarillo security system. Dial (806) 615-4222 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.